General – Importance of Privacy
Collection & Use of Personal Information
As a general policy, no personal information is automatically collected from visitors to this site. However, certain non-personal information of visitors is recorded by the standard operation of Mount & Haven’s Internet servers. This information is primarily used to provide an enhanced online experience for the visitor. Information tracked includes the type of browser being used by the visitor, the type of operating system in use by the visitor, and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. By having this information, Web pages optimised for a particular visitor’s computer are automatically made available to that visitor. Other use of this information may include internal review of the number of visitors to this site but only in an aggregate and non-personally-identifiable form. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable data about visitors to this site are known to Mount & Haven only when voluntarily submitted by the users. Mount & Haven will only use personally identifiable data provided at this site for the purposes described at the time it is collected (for example, the e-mail addresses visitors provide in order to receive e-mail alerts will only be used for the purpose of sending these e-mail alerts). Mount & Haven’s sites, as well as any other third party sites linked to or from this Web site, may each have different privacy policies and practices. You should carefully review these other Web sites’ privacy policies in order to determine how each site may use any personal information you provide.
As we operate internationally, and many of our computer systems are currently based in Hong Kong, your personal data will be processed by us in Hong Kong where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union.
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
– To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores or on our Site, maintaining your shopping cart on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, providing our Privilege Card to you, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish, and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments).
– To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below.
– Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
– To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualised or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences. For these purposes, we will use personal data about your gender, age, interests, geographical location, Site usage, shopping behaviour and other personal data.
Please also note that:
– If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you.
– Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us (c) procure that data held by a third party if you choose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media features
Separately, we may collect certain other data from you on our Site:
– We automatically collect data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
– We also use functionality that sets a unique identifier to track your use of our Site across multiple devices so that your sessions are reported on our system as a single user rather than as multiple users.
– If you are browsing our Site (whether as a guest or as a registered user), it may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalise your browsing experience. Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. It does not allow us to access the rest of your computer or your personal data. Please change your browser’s settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our Site if your browser does not accept cookies.
– We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of: (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) joint venture partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, smartphone app push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in –app messaging or postal mail.
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by: (a) amending your preferences in accordance with “How to check and update your personal data” section below, (b) contacting our webmaster at info@Mount-Haven.com or mailing to; Privacy Officer, Mount & Haven, 22/F Hing Lung Commercial Buildings, 68-74 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, (c) in the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
Security of Information
We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
[To protect your personal data while you are on our Site, we will encrypt any personal data you transmit to us via our Site using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — an industry standard for encryption over the Internet.] ROB – IS THIS TRUE
Disclosure of Information
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located, and use your personal data, outside of your country of residence):
– Any financial institutions, credit information or reference bureaus, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you; and
– Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
Sharing of Personal Data
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties unless your prior express consent is obtained. We may transfer anonymous and aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include your personal data in an anonymous format and which does not allow the third parties to identify you in any way other than on our own Site.
How to Check and Update Your Information
You may wish to access, verify or update any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by contacting our webmaster (at the details as set out at “Our Contact Details” section below).
How to Contact Us
22/F Hing Lung Commercial Buildings
68-74 Bonham Strand